Morris Auto Parts Turns 100
Collierville, TN, (July 05, 2022)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -Morris Auto Parts is old and proud of it.
Having immigrated from Poland for a better life in the late 1800's, Harris and Hannah Steinberg settled in Philadelphia. Not only did they plant roots, but the two owned and operated H. Steinberg: a wholesale and retail tobacco shop. Years later, their first-born, Morris, purchased the adjacent properties and opened Morris Auto Parts in 1922.
Initially offering buggy and auto parts, with technological advancements, buggy parts were obviously phased out. The youngest, Eugene (Gene), joined and when Morris died, he inherited the business, opening a complete machine shop. Looking to further expand its reach, a furniture building was acquired and converted into a repair shop.
'Morris has it' is more than a motto. Of course, the company offers automotive aftermarket parts, but patrons also find a sense of community. On any given day, an eavesdropper can hear longtime customers trading experiences with one another, even sharing their story with grand or even great-grandchildren.
Today, Gene's son, Harris Steinberg, is proud to be at the helm continuing a legacy of excellence and service, guaranteeing Morris Auto Parts will be around for another 100 years.
Beaming with delight, Steve Tucker, President of Automotive Parts Associates, stated, "If the founding year were compared to the year of a bottle of wine, 1922 was a good year."
About Morris Auto Parts
Since its founding in 1922, not only has Morris Auto Parts supplied the automotive sector with quality parts at affordable prices, but the company has intentionally supported the community it serves and is still proud to call Philadelphia home.